Monday, May 11, 2009

Garden Update!







I thought I would share a few pics with everyone as to what my garden looks like so far. One of the blogs I follow Together We Save made a comment on my last post that is very true. It is not just about saving money from your garden but about family time as well. This is very true. We had such a great time yesterday planting everything and it truly was a family ordeal. My son loves to plant corn so I think I will have corn popping us everywhere. =) This will make me think of him when we are out weeding.



It is a truly great feeling to be able to reap what you sow. When veggies start popping up everywhere. I love bringing a big basket full of veggies into the kitchen and then creating something tasty out of them. Or knowing that when you open a can of green beans in the middle of winter that you actually grew them. That makes you look forward to summer.
The money saved is a great thing along with healthy veggies but these memories my kids will have forever and will hopefully pass them down to their kids.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy our garden each year and it would be bigger if we had more yard space. I enjoy seeing my own pumpkins on the porch in the fall and tasty roasted potatoes!!

    ReplyDelete