Wednesday, March 24, 2010

April Budget

We get paid on the 10th and the 25th so that's when we pay our bills. We completed the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University in December for my husband and I it was life changing! WOW! If every one in America did this we would all be rich. It was amazing! We started the program in October and have stuck with it ever since and have vowed to do it the rest of our lives. That's a pretty big vow but for us its like a healthy financial diet. We found something that works and we are sticking with it. Its really pretty easy too.
Since we have two paydays that's how we do our budget. We keep a binder with all of our budgets in it (past, present, & future). Our check are never the same amount. My husband is a truck driver so they very from paycheck to paycheck. We always have an estimate of what they are but don't know until they are actually deposited in our account. Generally they are higher than what we have budgeted! So here gos:

April 10th pay check: est, $1500*

Tithe $150
Rent $650
Power $ 71
Water $ 35
Gas $ 80
Cell phones $ 75
Internet $ 40
Grocery $ 97
Eating out $ 10
Fuel $ 80
Car Insurance $107
Rent Insurance $ 18
Life Insurance $ 57
Child Care $ 30


Total $1500

This paycheck is the one we use to pay all of our major bills. The next check on the 25th is the one we have a little more wiggle room with. I'm sure you have questions so please feel free to ask. I will be going over alot more detail about our budget in the near future.
I am happy to say that my husband and I are well on our was to living a DEBT FREE lifestyle! I hope I can help a few of you do the same! :)
* The estimate is net income. What we actually bring home after taxes, health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401k is taken out.

No comments:

Post a Comment