Saturday, March 28, 2009

Buy Bulk!

Have you ever looked at what they have in the bulk food isle in Winco or Fredmeyer? They have just about anything you want from flour, beans, rice, spieces, peanuts, candy, pretzles, and even dog and cat food.
I resently bought unsalted peanuts and make my own peanut butter! It worked great. The kids love it. It is healthier cause I can controll what goes in it & less expensive.
I have make my own spice mixes too! Ranch, taco seasoning, sloppy joe seasoning. This is less expensive and its healthier. It cuts out the MSG which we all know is bad for us!
We also cook our own beans. I use beans in everything. I make alot of taco meat and to double the meat I add cooked black beans. This saves money and is a great way to get a good source of fiber into your diet. The kids not even notice the beans. Try white beans in sloppy joes, kidney beans in taco soup & chicken tortilla soup. Great way to save and strech out the protien source! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment