Thursday, April 16, 2009

Making Your Own Laundry Detergent

I was watching a show on TLC 18 Kids & Counting and one of the eppisodes they made their own laundry detergent and they said it only costs a penny a load. Well, around December I thought I would try it. I Googled "making your own laundry detergent" and found this great blog ( The Simple Dollar) that showed pics and even had a little Utube video.
The detergent is make out of simple ingredients: 1 bar of soap, borax, washing soda & water.
Well, it works great! We have saved alot of money since December. A batch of this recipie lasts us a month or longer. It costs $0.50 cents a batch.

Tip: I use my old salad shooter to shred the bar soap. If you dont have one you might run across one at a yard sale or thrift store. It makes it fast & easy.
Link: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2007/03/15/how-to-make-your-own-laundry-detergent-and-save-big-money/

1 comment: