Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Ham?

What to do with all that left over Easter ham? Dont throw it out! I have a few ideas. I divided mine into three gallon storage bags. I cut the meat away from the bone in one bag. The other two bags had slices in them. We had quite a bit. I bought a 10lb ham! One of the bags of slices I froze and the other bag I have plans for.
This is what we had. We had leftovers one night, I also made split pea soup for lunches out of the bone, we had ham & grilled cheese sandwiches. Tierd of ham?
Well, just freeze it. It frezzes beautifuly. You can dice it up and put in individual ziplocks for future scrambled eggs or a quiche or you can mix it with mac & cheese for the kids. Or you can even put in on english muffin pizzas w/ pineapple.
You still have some left? Make a casserole. Cook your favorite pasta to aldente then put it in a 9x13 pan with a container of alfredo sause, your leftover ham, peas, parm cheese a little salt, pepper & garlice powder and bake at 350 degrees until bubbly! Hows that for ham?

No comments:

Post a Comment